OUR MISSION STATEMENT
AFC Urmston Meadowside is committed to working with all sections of the local community in providing football opportunities for all.
AIMS OF OUR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
AFC Urmston Meadowside recognises that our activities impact on the environment in ways which are both positive and negative. We are committed to reducing any harmful effects wherever and whenever practicable and will promote the understanding of good environmental management.
AFC Urmston Meadowside shall:
• Manage energy and water usage wisely in all our activities by conserving energy/water and improving energy/water efficiency wherever possible
• Maintain respect for natural resources by ensuring the most efficient use of materials in all our activities, and by using renewable, recycled and recyclable products wherever possible
• Minimise, where practicable, the creation of waste and wherever possible, recycle or reuse materials; dispose of all wastes through safe and responsible methods in compliance with the relevant environmental legislation.
• Incorporate environmental considerations into the procurement of goods and services, eg shopping locally &/or buying recycled/recyclable products wherever possible
• Minimise the impact of vehicle emissions on match days by promoting car sharing, cycling or walking as the preferred methods of travel
TO ACHIEVE THE OBJECTIVES
AFC Urmston Meadowside will:
• Appoint a member of the Management Committee to ensure effective implementation of the environmental policy
• Communicate the environmental policy and educate our volunteers to ensure its effective implementation
• Conduct periodic reviews and self evaluation of our compliance with the environmental policy
• Report these findings to the Management Committee
• Review our policy on a regular basis to take account of new developments in environmental management and legislation.
Each member of AFC Urmston Meadowside will:
• Encourage other members of the club to adopt and take responsibility for the implementation of the environmental policy
• Encourage members of other organisations to adopt good practices so as to improve the environmental performance of their organisation and improve its impact upon the environment.
Visit our Sponsors
Modified by Nutrocker.co.uk